About me:

I am a Demographer in the Department of Human Ecology at the University of California, Davis.

I am interested in spatial demography, or more broadly, the connections between people and places.  Neighborhoods play a central role in my research, and is a theme that unifies many of the projects across my primary research domains.  At the broadest spatial scale, I study the consequences of large-scale urban trends and interventions.  Moving down the geographic ladder, I examine the causes and consequences of neighborhood inequality with a specific focus on how schools influence neighborhood processes and vice versa.   At the individual level, I investigate the life course determinants of residential mobility and their consequences for neighborhood attainment with a particular focus on adolescents and young adults.

I hold a PhD in Demography from the University of California, Berkeley and an MS in Statistics at Stanford University.  Prior to coming to UC Davis, I held postdoctoral fellowships at the Center for Research on Inequalities and the Life Course at Yale University and the Spatial Sciences Institute at the University of Southern California.

One Reply to “About me:”